Museum and Botanical Garden “Prof. Attilio Lombardo "
Inaugurated in 1902, the Montevideo Botanical Garden is the only one in the country.
It consists of 132,500 square meters, where the flora of the different geographical areas of the planet and an extensive sample of aquatic plants, plants from dry places and shade plants are exhibited.
The Botanical Garden Museum is made up of three different areas:
- The theme park, which includes recreation and leisure activities.
- A center for the dissemination of knowledge related to botany and related sciences with the aim of reaching the majority of the population
- A research center that generates new knowledge to be transmitted mainly to the world scientific community and in turn serve to support dissemination activities
The Garden offers various activities throughout the year for the enjoyment of all people of all ages.
Some of the activities are:
- Aerobic circuit
- Courses, talks and workshops on botany
- Gastronomic fairs
- Among other sports and cultural activities
Av. 19 de Abril 1181