Zoological Museum "Dámaso A. Larrañaga"
It is located in an Arab-style building facing the sea and was inaugurated on May 27, 1956.
It brings together numerous pieces of native animals, with particular emphasis on those that are in danger of extinction due to environmental alterations, and on exotic specimens.
Its function is essentially didactic and the activities and programs are aimed at the dissemination of knowledge related to the natural sciences.
This museum contributes to the study, conservation and investigation of the relationship between living beings and their habitat, fulfilling as far as possible a social and educational role. In its exhibition rooms there is a direct message of respect and love for nature reflected in the exhibition of numerous works of scientific and artistic conception.
It also has a library with copies of books on various topics, such as zoology, biology, natural history, medicine, veterinary medicine, entomology, among others.
Rambla República de Chile 4215