The building was inaugurated in 1894 and has a heritage property.
Its construction was the result of the efforts of the Uruguayan musicians Francisco and Luis Sambucetti, who on September 5, 1890 founded the Verdi Institute.
It was turned into a theatre in 1954. It has a capacity for 245 spectators and has received great national and foreign actors.
It is one of the venue of the National Comedy, the country's official cast. It also hosts chamber music and dance performances.
Space is given to productions of companies located outside of Montevideo. In this sense, the Hall has received renowned casts and artists from all over America, and part of Europe and Asia, as well as shows from the regions of the country.
It also works as the venue of lyric and theatre festivals, where important national and international personalities play. Some of the festivals are: the International Festival "The Vocal Scene", the International Festival of Performing Arts, the Cervantino Festival, Montevideo of the Arts, the Ibero-American Theatre Show of Montevideo, the Girona High Season and dFeria (Festival of Donostia- Saint Sebastian).
It has accessible access.
Soriano 914 esq. Convención